2.22.2006

tempus fugit.

It's been a year since he died, and I often wonder what he would've made of the past year's developments; political, cultural, and sports related. I don't know. But it would've made great reading.

Here's what I wrote about one year ago:
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and to rare to die."

He was one of my literary idols, a great writer, and a man who lived his life fully and without equal.
This upsets me so much... I don't know what else to say...

RIP HST

edit @ 6pm: I'm having trouble reconciling my opinions of the man himself with the circumstances of his death. In any event, the backlash has begun, as is inevitable when any celebrity of any sort dies.

I spent today writing. It is as fitting a tribute as I can give to him, and the only one I will be giving. Eventually. But not now.

To paraphrase Tomas:
It makes me sick when I think of it, all my heroes could not live with this,
and I hope you rest in peace because because with us you never did.
HST, you were much too young and you changed my life,
but I draw the line at suicide, so here's to life!
All still true. I loved the man, hated the way he went out. Ah, well, such is life. Buy the ticket, take the ride. Mahalo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home