2.19.2006

sic transit gloria mundi

A short entry, since I'm really not in the mood to write for some reason.
  • I "acquired" a new Guns N Roses song titled "IRS". You might've heard it, apparently it leaked and a few radio stations played snippets of it. It's.... interesting. Axl truly HAS gone off the deep end if he thinks this is in any way better than when Slash was in the band. Very mid-90's sounding, with techno beats and (oddly enough) Pink Floyd-ish guitar leads.... Yeah, I know. Maybe the album will actually come out soon, but somehow I doubt it.
  • I also "acquired" the demos to the new Brand New album Fight Off Your Demons. And I am impressed. They're mostly acoustic, in the vein of "Play Crack the Sky" (last track on Deja Entendu), but there's a few full band songs too, and I have been listening to them quite a bit. The Smiths/Morrissey influence is VERY apparent on a couple of them, as well as the Cure. I am eagerly anticipating this album now, even more than I was.
  • The next movie I want to see is V for Vendetta. Everything else can go to hell.
  • I spend entirely too much time on Myspace.
  • Jawbreaker's song "Million" is one of the most honestly romantic songs I've ever heard. Discuss and prepare a viewpoint, as I will at some point be writing a defense of it.
Tempus fugit, man.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can most certainly se why you like "Million". I, for some reason beyond description, like the line "oh clever, clever, where's your heart?" .

I've heard V for Vendetta is a good book, but don't know much about it.

Go see Munich. I don't care if you want it to go to Hell, it was damn good. I saw it and Brokeback Mountain, and am going to be upset when Brokeback takes the Oscar.

*sends you 5 dollars to see Munich* Oh wait, your matinees are ridiculously expensive, aren't they? *sends you ten*

R

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home