2.03.2006

Return of the (not really a) Jedi.

My computer's harddrive went to sleep sometime around 3am on Tuesday and never woke up. We had a traditional Irish wake for it (ie. I got drunk and staggered around for awhile Tuesday night.)

BUT.

A new computer was purchased Wednesday evening. And if my last computer was Jesus, this one is Buddha, because its like 9000 times better. For a visual representation:

My old computer:
Grant Morrison on New X-men. Better than most things. A solid read, interesting ideas and takes on characters he didn't create, as well as some new ones which are cool too.

My New Computer:
Grant Morrison on The Invisibles. The nature of god and the universe and "life as a game" and anarchy and "You are on the Island" and quantum magic and chaos theory and "Eye youse thee enn emm eee" and fucking brilliance in a three volume series. One of my favorite things ever.

So you see how they compare now. Good. Moving on... I got a new camera/music phone. So I am techno-ed out right now.

In completely different news, Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlain are apparently going to be reuniting and recording as the Smashing Pumpkins. And possibly performing. I don't know how I feel about that. The Pumpkins were my favorite band for a long time (only within the past 2 years have they been overthrown by Jets to Brazil, who are now firmly entrenched), and I'm more than a bit leery of an attempt by Billy to revive them, especially noting the abscence of James Iha. (D'arcy was crap anyway, so I could care less about whether she's in.) We'll see how this develops, I guess. Maybe it'll be good, I don't know.

So yeah. Quick hits: the State of the Union address was laughable, and yesterday Dubya asked for $120 billion more for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. You know the one in Iraq, right? the one we "won" in 2003? Yeah... anyway... moving on, The new Strokes album, First Impressions of Earth, is really good, much better than their older ones... I watched about half of Brokeback Mountain the other day, and it's not bad or anything, but it's friggin BORING and insanely overpraised... Grant Morrison is god... ummm... what else...

Oh yeah, Modest Mouse's Good News for People Who Love Bad News is a great album to listen to while driving around in 60 degree weather with the windows down.

That is all.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm...yah, the SOTU pissed me off. You can basically kiss stem cell research bye bye.

Brokeback Mountain is overrated. See Munich.

R

4:14 PM  
Blogger nicholas reed said...

Because you never update.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Tasting Tiffany said...

Nice bllog thanks for posting

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home