1.17.2006

Holy smoke.

"Mayor C. Ray Nagin said Monday that the hurricanes that devastated [New Orleans] last summer were a sign that 'God is mad at America'"
- LA Times

You've got to be kidding me. How can anyone honestly believe that God is mad at a city, enough so to cause it to practically sink into the ocean? I mean, people back in the Bible days were dumb, so I can see how they'd think that, and besides most of what's written in the Bible is metaphor and not meant to be literal (and in some cases, blatantly contradictory or false, but that's another rant entirely...), but surely, if God wanted to sink a city, wouldn't he choose somewhere more "morally reprehensible", like San Francisco, NYC, or Las Vegas, or Los Angeles? Those places are all pretty much "dens of sin", right? (Not in my view, thanks.)

Or, better yet, if he were a benevolent God, Washington DC. While WBush, Cheney, DeLay, Wolfowitz, and HWBush were there. And they'd be struck by lightning. 7 times. Then drowned. And sharks would eat them. Except for Cheney. Because even sharks don't fuck with him.

Yeah, I'm sadistic. Eat me.

My faith in the intelligence and common sense of humanity dwindles daily, and that's without even reading any entertainment news today. God only knows, if I see one more thing about Paris, Kevin Federline, or Tom Cruise, I might just have to flip out and kill mammals ninja-style. I don't have faith in much of anything these days. Other than in Grant Morrison, Douglas Coupland, the Lawrence Arms, Wes Anderson, and Darren Aronofsky. They seem to be hitting all the right notes every time.

Oh, and music. I believe in music.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paris Hilton is pregnant.

Actually, I know nothing about Paris Hilton and she seens enough of a stupid skank to not use birth control.

Oh, while we're on the topic of annoying fundies, Pat Robertson said God cause Ariel Sharon's stroke because he pulled out of gaza *eyeroll*

Also, Congrats on the indoor smoking ban . Your state rocks.

(who else would know about the ban?)~ Randi

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home