1.05.2006

Sixty Percent.

"James Moore is an Emmy-winning former television news correspondent and the co-author of the bestselling, Bush's Brain: How Karl Rove Made George W. Bush Presidential. He has been writing and reporting from Texas for the past 25 years on the rise of Rove and Bush and has traveled extensively on every presidential campaign since 1976. This author was placed on the no fly list. Two points: one- there's nothing you or I can do to help him but make this public, and two- we are all targets here."

Full story here

Does this worry anybody else? That a person with no connections to terrorists or extremist groups, who's been a political writer that has traveled with presidents for the past 30 years, and just so happened to write a book that was negative about the current administration, is now rendered unable to fly? And, of course, no one in power will tell him why, or how to fix it.

THIS is why I worry about the future of our government.

A while ago, I came up with this theory about how we've entered the death throes of the "American Empire," mostly through comparisons of our pop-culture to Britain's pop-culture in the 1880's through WWI. I later found an interview with Grant Morrison where he said essentially the same thing. And I still believe it, and examples like this lead me to believe that some certain people are hastening this cycle, in order to profit in some way off it. I'm not sure how, but it's on the tip of my brain, like a long-forgotten memory from childhood that you can just barely recall.

I'll probably write about it more at some point. I'm too angry to do it right now.

------------------------------

And in somewhat related news, David Letterman verbally bitchslaps Bill O'Reilly.

My favorite part is the obvious contempt Dave has for pretty much everything Billy says. God Bless you, David Letterman.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how some people still support Bush while he disregards the law in blatant abuses of his power -- for example, US-based phone taps without a warrant. I thought Watergate nixed that -- no pun intended.

That said, I still love my girlfriend.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Typical Christian said...

Hello nice bllog

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home