2.22.2008

Video Friday 2/22/08

I've been making a mix of 90's music for the Bandit Queen over the past few days. It's 4 discs long at this point, and that's with a load of limitations I've placed on myself for it (examples: no rap, metal, or ska; only songs that received significant radio airplay; one song per album; etc.) As such, I've been in a 90's music frame of mind. I was already halfway there before I ever began though, as I'd recently purchased and read the 33 1/3 book series volumes on the Pixies' Doolittle, Nirvana's In Utero and Radiohead's OK Computer. (All excellent books by the way.)

I personally love OK Computer, in a way that might be slightly unhealthy. The song "Lucky" makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack. But in a good way! Anyway, this is the video for "No Surprises", a track from that album. It's weird and arty, and for the most part is just Thom Yorke and his creepy eye staring at you, reading your thoughts, and singing along.

Then he drowns.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger m. said...

I'm surprised you found OK Computer so enjoyable. I felt that the writing was utterly abysmal.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home