2.06.2008

New Comics 2/6/08

This is the inaugural "NEW COMICS WEDNESDAY" post. As such, I will lay the rules out here, and then either completely forget about them, or remember them but completely ignore them. Fun for the whole family!

1. These are comics released this week. I will provide a link to a full list.
2. These are only the ones I either A) plan on purchasing, or B) find interesting in a "staring at a train wreck" way.
3. If there is nothing in a given week, I will say so, and more than likely badmouth Joe Quesada and Dan Didio.
4. I like what I like, and you should offer suggestions to me, but remember one dictum when perusing what I read: I like things that are fun. No moping or crying in my books, thanks.
5. WARREN ELLIS OWNS YOUR SOUL.


And now, without further ado:

Coming 2/6/08


Annihilation: Conquest #4 (of 6)
I enjoyed the first Annihilation miniseries from Marvel quite a bit, and while this one hasn't quite reached the heights of Galactus getting his ass whupped or Drax the Destroyer ripping out Thanos' heart yet, it's still been a very enjoyable space opera story with a few surprises. Abnett and Lanning's writing isn't Keith Giffen, but it's still damn fun.

Doktor Sleepless #5
In Warren Ellis' continuing quest (along with Grant Morrison and Matt Fraction) to get MORE of my money, there's this ongoing series about mad science and crazy technology. It's been a slow burn, at least compared to Ellis' last long-form creator owned series (Transmetropolitan: ONE OF THE BEST THINGS EVER), but things are beginning to move a bit in terms of plot, and the character of the Doktor himself is quite entertaining. SCIENCE! {lighting bolts}

Metal Men #6 (of 8)
Speaking of mad science and crazy technology, there's the Metal Men. This miniseries has been nothing but non-stop awesome since it started. Duncan Rouleau has really knocked it out of the park here on both art AND story, with the mad ideas and science wackiness combining with the sense of foreboding as to where it's all going leaving me with interesting thoughts and a case of the giggles. Also: where else would you have a group of evil robots called the Death Metal Men? NOWHERE.

So... what are you reading?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger m. said...

Currently, I am reading. . .

The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer


What is the What by Dave Eggers

and

Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl.


I am very busy. As you can see.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home